Let’s face it, modern life is hectic. Many people have busy professional lives, are constantly running errands, getting kids to and from school and activities, all while trying to cook healthy meals and do the laundry before the clock strikes midnight. With so many demands on your time and energy, it’s hard to carve out even a few minutes to spend with those most important to you. This is unfortunate because as we try to give our families everything, we actually miss out on the moments that matter most. A home hot tub can push pause on the craziness of your daily routine and create a space for you to reconnect with your partner and your children. Here’s how a hot tub can help you spend more quality time with family.
RECONNECTING WITH YOUR SPOUSE THROUGH RELAXATIONWhen was the last time you really talked to your partner? Not just about the grocery list or the schedule for the weekend, but about the things that really matter to you as people. As our lives get more complex, it can be harder to find time to have those deep conversations that were likely part of the reason you grew close in the first place. Having a home hot tub provides a distraction-free environment for you and your partner to spend quality time together and discuss the things that are most important to you. This doesn’t mean every conversation has to be serious and deep. Hot tubs are fun and enjoyable, and the time you spend in them should be too. The point is that by taking time to soak in a hot tub together, you’re also taking time to strengthen your relationship. Plus, if you make the time to soak together regularly, you may find that reconnecting with your spouse becomes a welcome part of a whole new wellness routine. Regular hot tub use offers wellness benefits that can enhance your mood and your overall quality of life. For example:
- Daily hot tub use can help you sleep better. A lack of sleep can cause you to become frustrated more easily. But getting a full eight hours of restful sleep can help you be at your best for you and your family.
- A relaxing soak can help reduce the accumulated stress of daily life. Just 20 minutes of hydrotherapy can provide health benefits including relief of muscle aches, joint pain and tension.
- Practicing the art of hot tub relaxation with the family can be a bonding experience. Taking the time to relax and even meditate as a family can help bring you closer together.
A HOT TUB CAN HELP TWEENS AND TEENS RELAX AND OPEN UPIt’s almost a universal fact that kids grow up too quickly. Parents everywhere complain that children don’t stay little long enough, and while you want them to become strong, independent people, it’s still difficult to watch them grow up and grow apart. It’s also a fact that kids need your attention, especially adolescents nearing that age when life can get complicated. Life concerns aren’t just for adults, and neither is your hot tub. A home spa can help your teens manage their stress in the same way it can help you deal with your own anxiety. Enjoying a warm soak with your kids can provide a solid foundation for easing their fears and offering support and gratification. It can also give them the opportunity they need to confide in you about the things on their minds — school, friends, sports and more. By sharing a relaxing soak and meaningful conversation with your tween or teen, you may be able to help them grow in the following ways:
- Overcome shyness and build self-esteem. You probably remember your own awkward years of adolescence and struggling to find your comfort zone. When you engage your teens regularly in conversation, you can help them feel valued and reinforce their confidence.
- Develop more positive behaviors at home and at school. As a role model for your children, your positive actions can help them become better and more mature communicators. By learning through your example, they can get a head start on interacting in more meaningful ways with their peers.
- Create great memories. The experiences kids have early in life will influence the adults they ultimately become. One way to ensure that your kids look back fondly on the time you spent together is to carve out time for them individually and mix in some fun experiences with the thoughtful conversations.